This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life. =D - C.S. Lewis

Saturday, December 29, 2007

515. not so normal but good!

Hahahah the title anyway yes I'm back from camp! :D Can you believe it? Camp is overrrr. And I'm having church tomorrow..and in this camp I learnt and experienced a whole bunch of things, some first-times even. Hahaha.

I have so much to write about lol oh ya first things first..I still havent adapted back to home life (lol) so I do feel a bit weird..like for example I was surprised at the amount of time I took just for showering..not seeing/bathing in my bathtub for 4 days sure had an impact on me. Hahaha! Okay sorry for digressing XD so because of that, forgive me if I write..weird stuff. LOL. This post is going to help me solve stuff along the way too, I think. Its going to be long so..dont say I didnt warn you..ahhaha. (Its going to be in bullet points..to make things easier for..everybody. XD)

1st day
  • Woke up feeling really cold so wanted to wear my track pants to report..lol! And then Sher told me its for sleeping so..oh well hahaha. (Oh but I saw her wearing it during service the other day leh..hahaha!)
  • Wore FBTs in the end.
  • Met up with Yi An @ Macs (Church wasn't open yet) early in the morning but well it was..refreshing..haha! Felt excited cause its my FIRST TIME AT A CHURCH CAMP! :)
  • Charissa came after that. Chatted for a while before proceeding to churchie :D
  • Met Valery along the way :)
  • So 4 of us went in, sat on the ground (the reporting venue) and talked and I got the "feel-good" feeling! :D
  • Skip the boring parts..hahah and so the bus arrived..it actually came late if I didnt remember wrongly..
  • Yea kay nothing much happened on the bus. With the feel-good feeling inside of me, I slept soundly and happily. XD Oh yea I sat with Yi An.
  • OKAY! So we reached NUS PGP, woohoo! The view at main entrance..is really..beautiful! :)
  • Stood around to talk with the 3 girls (again) while waiting for instructions.
  • Was to proceed to audi so off we went..sat at the last row at first (convenient ma..haha) but they told us to move up and then we were seperated cause we had to sit in our groups but that was okay with me..cause Valery was in the same group as me! Weehoo, thank God. He knows I'd faint if I had to communicate with complete strangers during the 4 days..hahah. So yea I like having someone I know in the same group la :D
  • OKAY! So uh got to know everyone's names..and thank God within 5 minutes I remembered all..which was 11 people at that time. Heho! :)
  • Had to say something interesting about ourselves and I had wanted to say I like smelling books but then I didnt cause I didnt want to come across as a weirdo like at the first impression hahhaha! Though it was interesting but oh well lol. By the way I said I like reading..got the idea from a girl (Amanda) who said she likes singing. Lol Amandas like singing! Or at least those I know..not counting that blogshop owner..hahah.
  • And another girl (Vivvenne) was surprised to know my name and later I found out why..she has a good friend in church who had the same name too..lol.
  • WeeSian looks like XiaNing.
  • Valery reminded me of Carine.
  • Amanda reminded me of Josephine. Clicked the best with her hahahah.
  • Vanessa wasnt there at that time; she came in the evening cause of..I'm not sure..but well she reminded me of someone but I'm unsure exactly who..lol.
  • The other people in my group: Salome (group leader & she told me I look very familiar O.O it only occured to me the next day that she might have shared her Bible with me in Woodlands a long time ago. Dont ask me how I remembered. Weird but I think thats why la lol.), YiXiu (cool girl! And she really doesnt like heat. Lol, discovered that today.), Gerald (big guy O.O and he's quite entertaining though..annoying. LOL.), Matthew (Guy of few words..and he's smart one lor lol. Oh and I thought he was 14 but thats impossible la the camp is for people aged 15-30..lol!), Clement (from Woodlands too..haha..well he's rather..funny lol), Kingston (our group's elder. He was pretty scary la cause when we gathered on the final night for group time..he spouted nonsense AND he was sitting BESIDE ME OMGOSH lol all because he slept for only 1 and a half hour..seriously terrifying to me..hahha) and lastly Shaun (big guy too..hmm he's a responsible person la..helped us to carry our survival kit all around).
  • After the necessary briefings we got to know our block numbers and receive our ohsohightech transporders which is so irritating and troublesome. Whatever la lol was told to get changed into disposble clothes for..games! :D Haha yea checked in the room after a bit of trouble with the block door..oh and LiJia, the block IC, said I looked familiar too..she even asked me if my sister is an actress! O.O LOL..anyway just put down my bag, took out the clothes and got changed and headed down to the basketball court (bcourt) :)
  • Played bonding games! YAY! Hahah, had to paint our fingernails without using our hands with the nail polish in our vital surivial kit (like some ba bao dai..lol) got dirty and everything in the 2nd game. Had coffee powder thrown on me LOL and of course, ever harmless water which I dont mind and white as snow flour..hahha fun! Oh and I dont know the winner of the game but never mind the fun element was more important :D
  • Okay then we had lunchie, followed by a bath then it was time for P&W (:D) serrrrrmon by Pastor Sam, dinner, workshop, P&W again, free time (according to the timetable..cant quite remember, lol), then supper cum group time and finally bedtime (all past 12.30 one lol)
  • Call mummy before sleeping and yes of course, QT. :) Then off to dreamland..okay I didnt dream of anything la LOL.

Photo of the day XD:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I look a bit weird leh. Lol probably too tired. I was in my room. :)

2nd day
Its actually 10.39PM now..although I slept for at least 6 hours just now I still feel tired..anyway I'm going to simplify this and summarise as much as possible..was like half awake during group devotion. Lol didnt eat much for breakfast, habit la. Hahah yes I know we were fasting for lunch, hey God will take care of my stomach! So had no worries :D..then P&W which was, as always, awesome.. :) Then sermon by Pastor Lian (Pastor Pacer's ex teacher) Its on this day that one of the unpleasant things happened.

Sheesh oh well I shouldnt say its my fault..no point what LOL anyway what happened was when Pastor Lian told us to come up for altar call..and everywhere was so packed..I moved to a small empty spot, behind someone who was shaking violently. I should have known better. The thought that he might fall on me did come across me but aiyo I didnt think about it after that..and I was closing my eyes..and all of a sudden BANG something like a forceful basketball banged my face rahhhhh out of all places. The guy in front of me fell..was really..angry..sigh what to do..I can say there wasn't any other spot I could have went to..but there was..its only that I have to walk a distance la..so sigh and the part between my nose and my mouth hurt a LOT. Th pain was intensifying la chicken. I couldnt move my lips in without feeling any pain..I thought the whole part would go red la. So chicken but oh well I felt God that day..my whole body shooked up and down..well if that unpleasant incident didnt happen everything would have felt a notch better.

Oh well hahaha then I found that the place where my specs touched my face is bruised and scratched and there is a red dot between my nose and mouth..alamak. Anyway we had camp activities after that..I forgot what and then the same thing..went for the Hunger for souls workshop :) Not bad! :) And we watched part one of Left Behind on this day too..its about the rapture..yup :):) Kay then the usuals, supper and bedtime.

BUTTTTT my bedtime = less than two hours. Seriously pathetic. The reason why I couldnt get to sleep is because I felt so uneasy inside..Called mummy and it helped a bit..managed to get that scarce sleep finally @ 2.43AM I think..I was looking at my handphone so yea can remember the time..BUT I woke up at 4plus afterwards..felt so tired and wanted so much to get to sleep but I felt so uncomfortable..maybe the pain on my face? Called mummy again to..pass time..told her to keep talking so I wont feel so..weird. I was actually kind of afraid that if I got back to sleep I'd shake or something..there was just this scary feeling eww! Whetever anyway after that mummy really had to get back to sleep so I called Q THANK GOD SHE WAS AWAKE. =D=D LOVE YOU! Thanks for keeping me accompany :):) So we talked till 5plus..

I layed a while on my bed but I didnt fall asleep..then I decided to go out..had wanted to do that before..and ask my block mates if I could bunk in with them but sigh Amanda wasn't in (knocked her door many times..at various intervals..I WAS DESPERATE FOR A BUNKING PARTNER LAAAA.. =( ) Then I was afraid to disturb Salome cause I told her I'll wake her up after 7..yea sighhhhhh. And I felt better when I was outside and since because of that dumb fear I didnt get back to sleep I paced along my corridor..

What I did: Look out at the sky..dark and well..mysterious..saw a bug and played with it..no I didnt touch it. I must have some kind of affinty with bugs..thank God for it. It kept me accompany. It followed me everywhere I went to..like it could sense me..LOL! Saw the changes in the colour of the sky and YAY thank God for the pretty sky after an hour..like finally :) Okay blahblah 7 oclock finally came. 7oclock. Woke Salome up..hahah if she knew all that I did. :) So eventful right. Lol.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The sky I saw in the evening.. :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
View of the ground floor from my level (6) :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The corridor..and the block door in the distance..irritating block door!! Lol.

3rd day
The red dot grew bigger..into a rough unsightly bump. Oh sigh. Anyway changed into sermon clothes..Thank God the sky made my day..didnt feel like a zombie..really! :D And the usual stuff happened lor. And I got sick. Had a sore throat. Hurt a lot when I swallowed saliva. Had to have a constant supply of water..but sigh I didnt. So it got worse..kept praying and thank God He sustained me..by dinner time I was so tired and sick. And thanks ah to Gerald for asking. Dinner was yummy. I ate the most during dinner hahha. Oh yea and I think Gerald ate the leftover of my charsiew rice (lunch)..cause I had no appetite so I didnt eat a lot. Hello what do you expect from a patient. Lol. And on that day got to know (and confirm) that Gerald and Vivviene are veryvery close friends. So close they bicker like a husband and wife would. Hhaha! I thought she ahemlikedahem him. If I'm not wrong it must be it la.XD

Oh before that we had Amazing (G)Race..a game which God, once again, showed how mighty He is :):) He healed me of my gastric/stomachache!! :D:D So I could ran and..catch up with the group. Yeaa! :) Went for will of God workshop in the evening..I liked it! The facilitator drew diagrams and everything to help us understand, I LIKE! :D

At night had group time..was already very exhausted but thank God He sustained me :) Had to share my feelings about the camp..It was very brief and I didnt say what I wanted to say cause I was that tired. What I said was only 1/3 of what I wanted to express. Oh never mind and Salome said something very intriguing about me. I so want to ask her why she thinks so.

Oh and Vivienne asked me if I was okay when I was laughing..which of course, I am. And I felt really funny cause nobody ever asked something like that in that tone when I'm having a good time laughing. Seriously, lol she just doesnt know me..right? :D

Anyway God's strength is the power la. 3AM and I was still awake..finale night ma..all the groups stayed up a lot later..finally I couldnt take in. I think I was going to get a fever so I went back..BUT I COULDNT OPEN THE BLOCK DOOR so I went back to get Salome..and I had to walk a distance okay..good exercise -.- Blahblah went back, did QT and plomp, sleep.

Woke up at 5.44AM for no rhyme nor reason..wow I have so much to write about..Alamak I think I'll just continue another day. :)

4th day
This didnt happen on the 4th day but well it was in the camp that I first filled up my water bottle with tap water IN THE TOILET. Like normally okay you can say the water from the water cooler is also tap water but this is diff! This is like going to the toilet, turning on the tap, putting your bottle IN THE SINK and letting the tap water flow into the opening of your water bottle. ALL THESE IN THE TOILET. Its very different one okay! Hahha :D

The first time I talked to so many people like I've known them for a long time. The first time I let go of myself..the first time I saw people who didnt know how to play Concentration although they know its a game and they saw others played it before and I had to teach them. Lol. The first time I taught a group of people a cheer. LOL! Okay yea so many other first-times. Exciting eh? :)

Okay so the 4th day was photo taking dayyyyyyyy. Oh and I think I'm the only one who wore track pants on this day! Hahhaha XD. Autograph session. Departure dayyyyyyyy. Joyful dayyyyyyy. :) Finally got the chance to talk to Saman and yea we concluded something, that no one can come back from church camps unchanged :D Even if you may not realise it, something in you changed. YUPPO! =D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The camp shirt :) I got darker! Lol.

(More next time =))

By the way, two more days till 2008. Wow. I am so tired. And I have to tie up the loose ends of my SS notes..finish amath homework okay JIAYOU! Love love love. Praise God for all He has done..I know He changed something in me..and He's going to use me. Thank You God..for assuring me time and time again..though I dont know what Your plans are..just let Your will be done :) God bless, take care & byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :)

No comments: