This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life. =D - C.S. Lewis

Saturday, February 11, 2006

2nd post of the day

Cbox just changed its advertisement. Linux Hosting becomes Get a free site. LOLS. btw, here's smth i read in a book. well it applies to me sometimes. =) Here you go:

With my chin bobbing on top of my books, I watched as my feet trudge towards school. That was the only thing i noticed that was happening, besides the fact that I was breathing, and still alive. Rainy. Phooey. Monday. Nuts. School. Yucks. Ocassionally another body trotted past, a voice called, "Hi!" But I ignored everything and everyone outside my own miserable self.

I watched the rubber tips of my shoes shuffle to a stop at the curb. Quickly and stealthily, I glanced at the traffic light. It was green. I fastened my eyes to my shoes once more and proceeded.

"Hopeless!" I said under my breath. "The whole world is hopeless. The human race is a total wreck and we should all hurl ourselves off the planet So why am I still going to school?"

The pavement beneath my rubber soles turned lighter in colour and smoother, then gave way to schoolyard. Several strides later, I mounted concrete stairs and stepped onto wooden floor. After dumping my bag on my chair, I slumped and sank into my seat. I rested my head down on top of the books piled on my desk. I would have preferred lying on the floor. Or better yet, burrowing under the foundation, along with the other worms. I was that low.

I will not speak to another living soul for a year, I decided. A month, I redecided. Except teachers, if they speak to me first, I decided for the third and absolutely final time.

I was aware of the bodies sliding into the seats beside me. I decided to block out any other noise that was bothering me. So i covered my ears and shut my eyes. Strange thoughts filled my mind.

Rejected by _________, I found myself ignored by the rest of my class as well. So what? Who cared? Certainly not she. They were all creeps. No redeeming virtues whatsoever, as far as I could tell.

The end.

No comments: